Here are a few way we can promote efficiency, and reduce the adverse impact our workplaces have on our environment:
DIGITIZE & RECYCLE
– Use paper sparingly, or not at all.
o If you must use paper, use recycled paper.
– Email instead of faxing or mailing.
– Scan & store all your documents in the cloud (like google drive), and recycle the paper.
– Share your digital files, instead of printing multiple copies
– Re-use envelopes
– Ensure you have recycle bins set up at the office
POWER & RESOURCES
– Change your computer power settings to it goes into sleep-mode faster.
o Leaving a computer running the whole year will cost you more than 1,000 kWh/y, or almost as much as the total electricity consumption of an efficient household.
– Replace all your workplace lighting with energy-saver lights
– Turn off office equipment when they’re not in use.
– Encourage people to dress appropriately for the season, so we don’t have to crank up the heating/cooling.
– Report/repair any air or water leaks.
Please Like, Share, Tweet, and help us spread the good!
– Supplies – purchase from environmentally conscious companies
– Purchase online instead of in-store.
o Fewer cars on the road means less pollution
o Electronic receipts mean less paper usage
– When sending packages locally, pick a bicycle courier company, if one is available in your city
– Walk or ride to work, if possible. Otherwise, carpool or use public transport.
Do you have any other ideas or suggestions? Let us know below, and we’ll add it to the list!